Please be advised that this site is not affiliated with the Service Canada office.
It was created to provide general passport information only.
Complaint resolution process
The Passport Program takes all complaints very seriously and ensures that they are processed efficiently and professionally.
The Passport Program’s complaint resolution process consists of a two-level approach:
- Level 1—You may submit a complaint by using the complaint form. The processing time for complaint resolution at this level is 12 working days.
- Level 2—If you are not satisfied with the results received at level 1, you may resubmit your complaint using the same complaint form. The processing time for complaints at this higher level is 17 working days.
Processing times for levels 1 and 2 can usually be met. However, complex cases that require additional consultations may take longer.
How to file a complaint online or by fax/mail
To file a complaint, you must complete the online form. An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent to you by email within two working days of your complaint being received.
You may also send your complaint form by fax to 819-654-8817 or by mail to:
The Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
File a complaint through Office for Client Satisfaction
The Office for Client Satisfaction (OCS) is a neutral organization that receives, reviews and responds to suggestions, compliments and complaints about Service Canada’s delivery of services. The OCS is an essential part of Service Canada’s commitment to providing fair, open and transparent client service.
In order to act as a neutral organization, the OCS does not have access to client files. Clients should first try to resolve their issue(s) with the responsible Service Canada program before contacting the OCS.
The OCS ensures that your concern is:
- acknowledged within 1 working day
- given proper attention, and
- treated fairly
Limitations to OCS services
Before deciding to contact us, keep in mind some of our limitations. The OCS is not in a position to:
- assist you with the reconsideration or appeals processes for decisions that relate to Employment Insurance, the Canada Pension Plan or the Old Age Security Program
- speed up or influence in any way the application or payment process for a Service Canada program on your behalf
- assist you with or make inquiries on your behalf regarding any other process for programs or services offered by other federal government departments, or provincial or municipal governments. The OCS is strictly focused on programs and services delivered by Service Canada.
Submit your feedback
The Office for Client Satisfaction (OCS) accepts feedback related to Service Canada.
Feedback and complaints received are monitored Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Eastern standard time.